Old May 22nd 05, 07:15 AM
farmuse

what do you mean by worse ? the GF 4 MX series is not Direct x 9, or
even 8 if I am not mistaken, if you want to play todays games get a
direct x 9 card, spend the max your budget will allow to get more
performance. 50 dollar card won't bring much joy. I wouldn't buy
anything less than a 6600 or 6800.

John in VA wrote:
I just installed subject card in my machine and am disappointed with
the graphics. It appears as if they've gotten worse. This card is
AGP/128MB. The card it replaced was AGP/32MB. I followed the
installation instructions precisely by first deinstalling the old
drivers, shutting down, installing the new card and choosing "cancel"
when Windows prompted to install drivers. I then installed the drivers
directly from the CD. Also, I noticed that in device
manager/properties, the cards location is listed as "PCI bus 1, device
0, function 0. - Any suggestions?

Pertinent System Info:
Motherboard: Albatron KX400+PRO
System Mem: 1 GB Crucial DDR-RAM