Old May 6th 04, 10:26 PM
Dan

Now Larry:
*I've* have some additional RAM, Raid cards -- and, drive bays, Dual port
NIC's, 10/100 switches .... and more...
Wouldn't the buyer of a system to have to pay more for shipping then
necessary!

Dan French

"Larry" wrote in message
And we have additional RAM and some RAID cards available for this unit (if
required by a prospective buyer).

Larry

"Dan" . spamcop.net wrote
in message ...
Ok, the perspective buyer backed out... so I've got a fully prepped

5500r.

Need a reliable server? (File server, Web server, FTP server...) These
systems just keep going, and going....
... I use one as an "on line backup storage" on my LAN. About ever

month
or so, I fire it up, backup the data to it, and shut it down again. When

the
power is off:
It can't get a virus.
It can't be hacked into.

and one CPU can easily keep up with a 100mb LAN connection -- and this
system has four!

Hot swappable drives, that are easy to find!
Replacement parts are cheap to find, if you should need them!

System has (or will have, or can start from...):
512 MB RAM (or more if you want it!)
6x 9GB drives (RAID)
4 CPU's ( or more... er, well, it can only support 4. BUT, you can
upgrade the system to a better CPU!!!)
CPU's are P-Pro, 200mhz. 512 cache
NIC (10/100)
Hot swappable power supply! (Dual capable)

I'll even leave the existing OS on it so you can see it working!
{Win 2K)

Proliant 5500 -- best offer. If an offer of $75 (or more is made, you

can
pick it up now!

Need an extra drive bay? Need larger drives? Need lots of memory?

No, I'm not a business - just cleaning house.

Dan French
email: bios {underscore} hack {at} hotmail {dot } com
P.S. Located in North Seattle, just off 130th. If you are out of the

area,
let me know shipping details and I'll get you a quote