Old February 20th 08, 06:33 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Postman delivers

Default Cyberlink PowerDVD Suite 6 vs. Roxio, Sony, DVD suites?

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:34:46 -0800, Dennman6 wrote:

What are the opinions here on purchasing the Cyberlink PowerDVD 6
Essential Suite software to replace the PowerDVD 7 that got wiped off a
new computer after using a restore disk, versus the other choices
available? Meaning the various Roxio, Sony, Pinnacle, etc. softwares for
DVD & CD viewing & burning? This is from a newbie(me) that had no
problem adding 2GB RAM to a new Vista computer, but obviously didn't
back up ALL the files I should have when I used the OS restore disk to
wipe the hard drive clean after getting a virus. Any opinions would be
appreciated. Thanks!

Dennis Forkel

* * *
Dennis,

Read the 120 reviews of VLC... Tis a free one
! As a media player, tis a good product in my opinion... & Free
http://www.download.com/VLC-Media-Pl...-10267151.html

***

Burn a CD or DVD with DeepBurner Free 1.8 01 (91 reviews)
http://www.download.com/DeepBurner-F...html?tag=lst-4

or

Easy CD DVD Burner 2.1 (new software 1 review)
http://www.download.com/Free-Easy-CD...10627009.html?
tag=lst-1

You could do some reading on www.afterdawn.com/ to see what they might
recommend for free software before purchasing any media players or burners

JR the postman