Old February 20th 08, 01:57 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
Ben Myers

Default Cyberlink PowerDVD Suite 6 vs. Roxio, Sony, DVD suites?

PowerDVD is for viewing DVDs, i.e. DVD movies. Will PowerDVD 6 work with
Vista? I do not know.

For burning CDs and DVDs, I strongly recommend IMGBURN and CDBurnerXPPro. They
are both free and both work well. The authors may appreciate a little
contribution via PayPal. Neither one is locked into a motherboard BIOS or a
particular drive. One often finds that the commercial software (Roxio, Nero,
Sonic, etc) works only with specific drives, and if you get replace the drive
with newer on, the product no longer works... Ben Myers

On Tue, 19 Feb 2008 13:34:46 -0800 (PST), Dennman6 wrote:

What are the opinions here on purchasing the Cyberlink PowerDVD 6
Essential Suite software to replace the PowerDVD 7 that got wiped off
a new computer after using a restore disk, versus the other choices
available? Meaning the various Roxio, Sony, Pinnacle, etc. softwares
for DVD & CD viewing & burning? This is from a newbie(me) that had no
problem adding 2GB RAM to a new Vista computer, but obviously didn't
back up ALL the files I should have when I used the OS restore disk to
wipe the hard drive clean after getting a virus. Any opinions would be
appreciated. Thanks!

Dennis Forkel