Old October 3rd 06, 05:20 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
XS11E

Default Presario 1200 US upgrade

Quaoar wrote in
:

"XS11E" wrote in message

I was hoping there was something, the thing is so slow as to be
almost unusable when getting updates from Microsoft. After
going to the Windows Update site it can take 10 minutes or so to
check for needed updates... with the same internet connection
and the same level of updates my desktop takes less than one
minute. Everything else seems to work OK but, as noted, I don't
use it for much..

Also, what size HD, and how much free space does the HD have? XP
requires (some estimate) 400-600 MB free space.

The HD is only 10G, partitioned into one 6G (IIRC) and one 4G used for
storage. There's plenty of free space but unfortunately I *need* to
have Office XP installed (for compatibility with work) although I need
only Word, Excel, Outlook and PP. I might gain some room by
uninstalling Access, I don't need it because as far as I know I'm the
only one at work who knows how to use it (!). I also need MS MapPoint
full install because it's my travelling machine. Even so I have almost
2G free on "C".

Naturally I'm VERY careful about disk space..... wow, 10G! I recall
some guy trying to sell me a 20M drive, I told him there was no way I
could ever fill up even 10M..........

Times have changed, I used to have hair, too!