Old July 20th 03, 12:08 PM
Dave

On Sun, 20 Jul 2003 08:50:37 +0100, "display.systems"
wrote some or all of:

In article , BORG
writes
can anyone beat that please

Spend the extra few £££ and buy the Western Digital 8mb cache drive,
faster, quieter and you get a 3 year warranty not 1

If you're upgrading an older PC whose BIOS might have a problem
recognising a large HDD then there might be an issue if you need to
install BIOS-overlay software such as is supplied with the non-OEM,
boxed drives.

Recently I've had to remove WD drives and substitute Maxtor because
their software actually worked, whereas the WD disk management
software didn't. Obviously a BIOS update is the preferred option.

In my own PC I've had a problem with an IBM drive due to overheating.
Two 7200 RPM drives can get rather warm...

take care.

Dave.

1650 free hi-res photos especially Edinburgh and
Scotland. Also 3D rendered art & altered images.
* No advertisements * http://www.henniker.org.uk
If replying by email please use real dots!