Old November 17th 05, 05:51 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

Bob Levine wrote:

Jan Alter wrote:

Are you saying that everything else with your Dell is fine?

I've never had a problem with a Dell (or any other computer) that
couldn't be fixed easily with a phone call or e-mail.

These must not have been Dell Techs:

so i contacted Dell tech support they advised me to uninstall the
soundcard and reinstall it. I did that and it made no difference.

They told me to uninstall the windows sound recorder and reinstall
it, that made no difference either,

they told me to uninstall the whole of windows multimedia
I did that and it made no difference

Dell tech support insisted I reformat my hard disk and reinstall
everything.

I am amazed (& frustrated) with the numerous "hoops" that Dell Tech
Support had me jump through over 12 days without ever admitting a
problem.

I told the support that another replacment likely wouldn't help,
but what do they care.... He claimed he is not authorized to send
another type of soundcard (and did not want to put me in contact
with someone who was).

I have been through every switch, slider and control with
XPS Advanced support at least twice. This isn't a user error.