Old October 4th 05, 11:53 PM
Quartz

Plug them all in and 3dmark them it'll only take you half an hour, but to be
honest there wont be a big difference between them

yeah, that's what I was figuring since they all seem to be basically the
same card. I was more wondering if one of them was known to be flakey or
wasn't actually the same chipset as the others. (I know nvidia's done
weird things with naming conventions before)

& the 128mb one certainly
wont see any real performance improvement in the game you want to play

I wasn't expecting it would (seeing as 64 is the max it can use), I
cared more about the SE vs non-SE issue. (since I really don't know what
the SE means). I have a couple other programs that probably could
benefit from the extra 64 though, so...

(what
game is it btw).

Melty Blood Re*Act

it's not ancient, but neither is it WoW.

As for the dual display card, all GF4 MX's are twinview compliant

'twin view' as in capable of displaying different signals on each
screen? the reason I ask is that I've bumped into a couple crappy low
end cards that are hard-wired for mirroring only.

and both
displays share the same single framebuffer be it 64MB or 128MB,

yeah, that's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

how well does XP pro sp2 handle manipulating different screens? like if
I wanted to play MBR with the full 64, I'm assuming I'd have to disable
the 2nd screen... is this a graceful operation or do I have to go
through a restart?

I guess what I'm really asking is: is this dual-view card in any way
worse than just slapping in one of my older mx400 pci cards side by side
with the agp? can the dual-view do/not do anything that two cards
can't/can? if it's the more or less the same performance/ability either
way, I'd rather keep the pci slot open.

normally
it's a dsub and a dvi but obvioulsy whoever made this card made if
specifically for analogue monitors.

I'm assuming by your response that nvidia doesn't make cards like this?
the sticker on the back says "e-Geforce4 MX440", does that mean it's an
evga card? (and if so, is that good or bad... I know they make clone
cards, but I don't know their reputation)

____
- Quartz -
there are 10 types of people in the world: those who get this joke, and
those who don't.