Old March 21st 05, 05:30 AM
NightSky 421

"shootemup" wrote in message

We have confirmed the 24 pipelines rumors from several independant
sources.
However, these 24 pipelines are not comparable to 24 of today's
pipelines -
multiply by 1.3. So the 24 pipelines will have the performance of 32
"normal" pipelines.
The result of this is that the R520 will be two times as fast as the
currently fastest X850s.

For me, this article simply confirms that when I build my next computer
probably around this time next year, whatever video card I get will *really*
do circles around my current 9800 Pro! I can imagine the product refreshes
will be out by then, and I should not be surprised to hear of DirectX 10
cards coming out in 2006.