Old January 25th 17, 07:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Loren Pechtel[_2_]

Default Customers took a stand against Windows 10’s aggressive upgrades – and won

On Tue, 24 Jan 2017 03:16:38 -0600, "K Wills (Shill #3)"
wrote:

On Mon, 23 Jan 2017 23:14:54 +0800, "Mr. Man-wai Chang"
wrote:

Jesse Worley threatened to sue Microsoft.

[...]

I am of the opinion that Microsoft's pushing the new OS was
wrong. While my experience with each computer I and my family upgraded
was pleasant (as of the time I write this, I've had no problems), I've
read many complaints about it. If it's important, I opted not to
upgrade the HP Mini. It runs Windows 7 Starter, but only just. I'd
hate to see how it would handle 10.
Microsoft should have been more clear in regards to declining the
option to upgrade. Had I not been paying attention, my HP Mini would
likely have been forced into the upgrade. I can understand how someone
with Alzheimer's would be confused.

I ran the compatibility test on this box and it failed--both hardware
and software issues. Yet Microsoft kept trying to get me to upgrade.
Very important stuff would have been inoperative, they apparently
didn't care.