Old February 24th 06, 10:50 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default !! EVGA Motherboard Giveaway!!

Yeah, I was surprised to get my K8N-SLI for $95. The PSU's cost more than
the motherboard!!! eVGA products at the eVGA site seem to be a good bit
higher priced than a lot of re/e-tailers are selling for. My 2nd 'GTX was
$110 less than the first one.
If their mobos are as solid as their vid cards then they're likely a very
good board. BUT, $199 for a mobo with no more features than I have for $95?
I don't think so
My rig is now complete. Except for possibly that new Silverstone PSU

McG.

"First of One" wrote in message
Read my post again. I said 7800GT, not GTX, big difference in price there.
:-)

Keep in mind an NF4 SLI board, like the Gigabyte GA-K8N-SLI, can be had
for $100.

"McGrandpa" wrote in message

"First of One" wrote in message
Old news. eVGA has been doing this since last year. Of course, the MB is
only included if you opt for the expensive video card SKUs (~$450 for
the 7800GT bundle).

That's not bad.
My 2nd 7800GTX was $440 at NewEgg, by itself.
McG.

"Ed Forsythe" wrote in message
eVga has a special promotion involving a free PCIx MB with every
purchase of a 7800GT card. Check it out here http://tinyurl.com/8wa7o

Ed F.