Old June 27th 05, 06:10 AM
JTS

"BigJim" wrote in message

"Jim" wrote in message
Enjoying my new P4P800-SE and am thinking about a few other upgrades.
Appreciate any opinions:

1) Current video card = ATI radeon 7000 agp4x - primary use is 2d - any
advantage (2d speed or clarity) in upgrading to a radeon 9xxx series?

ati 7000 is a very low end card so a new card would help.
I have the same board running a 6600gt and it flys.

2) Using a Seagate 80gig ATA100 7200rpm drive ; would a SATA drive be
noticeably faster? Can a SATA drive (fat32) be booted to DOS (if needed
for file access) & also be used with format and fdisk (like a standard
ide
drive)?

not that much of an improvement for everyday work, sata will improve game
preformance.

2) Lastly, using onboard sound (AD1985) - not bad quality ; would a basic
SB PCI card sound much better for playing music?

I use the onboard sound and if works fine for me, upgrade would be
completly up to you. You would get no speed improvement.

Just sound improvement.