Old October 29th 04, 02:49 AM
kony

On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 01:12:56 GMT, "Falcon1209"
wrote:

I have returned my FX 5200 back to the retailer for $5.50. Claimed I made a
mistake on my order... which I did. I was wondering if any of you guys could
suggest a card for me.
Im looking to spend no more than $110. $120 if its really necessary.
I was looking at this card
(http://gameve.com/gve/Store/ProductD...sku=VC-XFX-017) If this is
a bad deal please let me know. Im guessing its much better according to the
bench marks you guys gave me. (According to Tomshardware.com the bechmarks
on the 5700 surpassed the TI 4200 by 10 fps in most benchmarks.)
If you guys can find a better deal than this, Id love to hear it. I dont
feel like returning another card again...

Thanks a lot!

Well it's significantly faster than the FX5200, but not "$96
worth" faster than the TI4200 you already have, especially
since the TI4200, once overclocked, might regain half of
that 10 FPS difference. Even so for =$110 it is a
reasonable choice... though if it were my choice I'd set the
TI4200 and put proceeds towards a faster card or just keep
using it.