Old October 26th 04, 02:32 AM
Falcon1209

Default Performance Comparison: Nvidia Fx 5200 or GeForce 4 Ti 4200

Hi

I recently bought a new Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 because my GeForce 4 Ti
4200's fan was going out. I was looking on the Nvidia website and realized
that the GeForce 4 TI 4200 is statistically better than the FX 5200 by a
longshot. Is this a misinterpretation by my part because I assumed that the
newer FX's would make all TI's obsolete. I also assumed the FX was better
because the price on a TI 4200 right now is signifigantly cheaper.

If anyone knows which card is better than the other, please reply. Id love
to hear what you have to say.
And if anyone knows a way to install a RELIABLE heat sink on my Ti 4200 that
would be appreciated. (Perhaps how to install a heatsink on the GPU? It
doesnt sound like this card can take much more of a faulty fan right now...)

I sure hope i didnt spend $80 on a signifigantly slower card...

Thanks in advance...