Old July 24th 03, 08:32 PM
Ar Q

"Doug M" wrote in message

My guess is no. MMC 7.7 has a SVCD setting but MMC 7.6 doesn't. I have

tons
of problems when I used ATI MMC 6.0 to 7.6 in two years' span. Everything

is
fine once I used MMC 7.7.

I can run ATI MMC 7.7 with AIW 128 pro, AIW 7500 and AIW 8500, but not

with
the AIW 128 which doesn't have the "theater chip". You have to buy a new
video card!

Im pretty sure my card does have the Rage Theater chip. I've looked
at it. If that's the case, can I use MMC 7.7? It's a very late PCI
card.

If I do use MMC 7.7, do I just download it and run the install? How
about uninstalling the stuff I have now? I'm not afraid of a fresh
install of Windoze; the PC is just for my entertainment center and all
my saved videos are on the separate disk. ...but I'd rather not have
to reinstall if I don't have to.

Do a Google search. There are tons of post on this subject.

In short, I will recommend a fresh installation. If you have to unintall the
previous version, you also need to clean all registry.

The procedures of fresh installation.
1. Install Direct X 8.1. Reboot.
2. Install MS media player 7.0 or 7.1. Reboot.
3. Install the capture driver (Radeon and Rage Pro uses the same capture
driver. You have to follow Radeon card path to get this driver. Also,
Catalyst 2.1 is very good for ATI MMC 7.7.) Don't reboot. Install display
driver (make sure use the correct display driver, you can't use Redeon
display driver.) Reboot.
4. Install ATI MMC 7.6 no DVD. Reboot.
5. Install ATI MMC 7.6 DVD player. Reboot.
6. Install ATI MMC 7.7 update. Reboot.