Old July 24th 03, 06:17 PM
Doug M

My guess is no. MMC 7.7 has a SVCD setting but MMC 7.6 doesn't. I have tons
of problems when I used ATI MMC 6.0 to 7.6 in two years' span. Everything is
fine once I used MMC 7.7.

I can run ATI MMC 7.7 with AIW 128 pro, AIW 7500 and AIW 8500, but not with
the AIW 128 which doesn't have the "theater chip". You have to buy a new
video card!

Im pretty sure my card does have the Rage Theater chip. I've looked
at it. If that's the case, can I use MMC 7.7? It's a very late PCI
card.

If I do use MMC 7.7, do I just download it and run the install? How
about uninstalling the stuff I have now? I'm not afraid of a fresh
install of Windoze; the PC is just for my entertainment center and all
my saved videos are on the separate disk. ...but I'd rather not have
to reinstall if I don't have to.