Old July 24th 03, 09:53 AM
Dodgy

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 01:03:03 GMT, modem waffled on about
something:

Thanks for the info. I actually feel stupid now because I found the
cause of the problems. Orginially the PC wouldn't boot, but I triple
checked all wires and found out the 4 Pin power connector for P4's
wasn't fully plugged in. It was about 75% plugged in but not snapped
in place.

That solved all of my issues. I'm now running the XMS memory at the
2-2-2-5 timings and after an hour of CPU stress testing it is working
beautifully. I will run memtest x86 afterwards just to followup.

Oooh, nice.

I'll have to give that a try. I must admit that I have been meaning to
change my timings to some more aggressive settings, but I wanted to
check the machine was 101% stable first.

Dodgy.
--
MUSHROOMS ARE THE OPIATE OF THE MOOSES