Old December 16th 03, 10:17 AM
BoB

"jack" wrote in message
BoB wrote:
I would use another benchmark, trying to keep the memory/cpu locked
1:1, running the cpu faster doesn't help if you have latency problems
killing performance.
I do a lot of dvd ripping/reencoding, whatever is fastest is what I

would go
with!

So, Bob, what I understand you saying is that you would run the
processor as fast as possible while still maintaining a 1:1 FSB:RAM
ratio. In my case, this would be a FSB of 210 MHz with memory timings of
2:2:2:6.

Thanks for your input.

Then I would verify that setting was optimum for performance/stability!
(for example)Ripping a long dvd with shrink.