Old December 15th 03, 01:09 AM
jack

Default P4C800-E Dlx my overclock settings P4 [email protected] 4.8GB/sec memory

For what it's worth and in case you're interested:

These overclocking settings are very stable on my machine. This is
primarily my flight sim computer, but I have also been playing Halo and
Unreal Tournament 2003. All run very well with no crashes and no
problems. My video card is an ATI 9800XT Pro.

I still have to learn whether or not I should change Performance Mode
Turbo, DRAM Idle Timer Auto, DRAM Refresh Auto, Spread Spectrum Enabled,
and ICH Delay Transaction Enabled. But, the rest of the settings are
pretty much finalized. It seems strange to me that ASUS does not give a
more through explanation of these and others in the manual.

14Dec03

Checksix over clocking settings and results.

ASUS PC Probe
CPU Temp: idle 40C/104F, under load 55C
MB Temp: idle 29C/84F
VCo 1.616

CPU-Z
(Pentium 4 CPU 3.20 GHz, Stepping 9)
Processor Voltage: 1.616 volts
Core Speed: 3519.5 MHz
FSB: 220.0 MHz
Bus Speed: 879.9 MHz
Memory Timings:
Frequency: 176 MHz
FSBRAM 5:4
CAS Latency: 2.0 clocks
RAS to CAS Delay: 2 clocks
RAS Precharge: 2 clocks
Cycle Time: 5 clocks

Sandra Memory Band Width:
(1 GB, 2x512, Mushkin 3500 Level II)
Int 4815 MB/sec
Float 4812 MB/sec
Bandwidth Efficiency: 85%

ASUS P4C800-E Deluxe Motherboard BIOS (080009) Settings:

AI Over clock Tuner: Manual
CPU External Frequency: 220 MHz
DRAM Frequency: 320 MHz
AGP/PCI Freq (MHz): Auto