Old December 29th 04, 11:37 PM
BobS

David,

if you download the DOS 6.22 boot disk file, and make a boot floppy from it,
you should be able to boot with the floppy; when it boots up, choose the CD
support item. It has been a really long time since I did it, but I remember
that it did work fine. After it finishes booting to the DOS A: prompt, You
can run the file you want from your recovery CD. You mentioned that your
Recovery program runs from a DOS prompt, so this is the reason I went this
way with you.

Also, as I remember, the CD drive letter when you boot up with the Bootdisk
floppy is letter R. I could be wrong, but I believe that is is R.

You are running Win2000, but if your recovery program "sees" the NTFS files
on your hard drive or other Image source, it should work OK. You never
mentioned your recovery program, so I do not even know if I am familiar with
it or not.

Best regards,

Bob
"Charles V" THIS.net wrote in message
. net...
Thanks BobS for your response.

I've checked out bootdisk.com ---- but am not sure which of the multiple
bootdisk options to use as a win2k startup disk. I have downloaded the
WinImage file that appeared to be suggested for use on win2k. However, I
cannot find the procedure for generating the single bootdisk that was
referenced under the paragraph 3, copied below:
"3. The W2K Pro disks are zipped images from the MS CD. Best bet is to
download them, upzip them to a new folder where you also put makeboot.exe
and makebt32.exe into and then run one of the makeboot utils depending on
if
you're in dos or windows to create the diskset. Or, one can use Winimage
just create a single bootdisk. "

I'm on unfamiliar ground here ---- can you give me some further guidance?

CharlesV