Old December 28th 04, 10:47 PM
Charles V

Thanks Noik,
That was a typo error when I typed my posting. The device names are correct
on the actual floppy ---- the floppy works on my #1 computer that has the
Plexwriter drive. I just need to change the device listings and cd driver
listing to reflect the use of the LiteOn drive (in lieu of the Plexwriter
drive), for use with my #2 computer. I have no info as to what to use as an
identification entry for the LiteOn drive ---- hopefully, someone in the
forum will know the correct identification symbol for the LiteOn model,
noted in my posting.

In my posting, I failed to mention that I have the LiteOn drive connected as
a single drive to the IDE Secondary socket and jumpered as Master/single.

CharlesV

Noik wrote in message ...
On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:19:36 GMT, "Charles V"
THIS.net wrote:

The autoexec entry is:
A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:PLEX0001 =================

The config.sys entries a
Last drive=Z
DEVICE=A:\ASPI8XX.SYS
DEVICE=A:\SYMCD.SYS /D:PLEX001 =================
DOS=UMB
Files=30
buffers=30

You have different device names, they should be the same. Note the
extra "0" in PLEX0001 in autoexec.bat.