Old December 28th 04, 08:19 PM
Charles V

Default Unable to Get LiteOn CD-RW Drive Recognized i n DOS

Am trying to adapt my "CD Rescue" dos backup program to work with a 2nd
computer equipped with a LiteOn CD RW drive instead of the Plextor drive
installed in my #1 computer. Both computers are using win2k operating
system. The CD Rescue program is a DOS based program

The LiteOn drive is model SOHR-5238S

My LiteOn drive is recognized by my BIOS in the #2 computer , but I've been
unable to get it recognized in DOS when using the modified CD Rescue floppy
start up diskette.

I assume the problem is due to my failure to properly modify the
"config.sys" and "autoexec.bat" files on my startup diskette.

The startup disk for the Plextor equipped #1 computer include the following
entries for these respective files:

The autoexec entry is:
A:\MSCDEX.EXE /D:PLEX0001

The config.sys entries a
Last drive=Z
DEVICE=A:\ASPI8XX.SYS
DEVICE=A:\SYMCD.SYS /D:PLEX001
DOS=UMB
Files=30
buffers=30

Any suggestions as to changes that I should make in these two files to
enable the LiteOn drive to be recognized in DOS would be much appreciated.