Old January 23rd 07, 04:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
First of One

Default How long till the 7950GS AGP is released?

"Too_Much_Coffee ®" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments.

There exists an Arctic Cooling-equipped, highly overclockable 512 MB 7900GT
AGP in the form of Gainward's 7800GS+, available for a price at
Overclockers.co.uk. Stop waiting. :-)

I would be very surprised if this isn't the card nVidia releases to
challenge the 1950PRO, but I could be wrong.

Remember, any board partner can integrate the HSI bridge and produce an AGP
card like Gainward has done. The reason they haven't is probably because
their market research shows little profit potential, even at $100 higher
prices than their PCIe equivalents - this may be why ATi doesn't market an
X1950 Pro AGP itself, leaving the risk to the smaller partners like
Powercolor, Diamond, Sapphire, etc.