Old October 26th 03, 09:57 PM
Derek Wildstar

"Callas" wrote in message

Installing the latest video driver should not **** my PC up, waste a day
of my time and require me to revert to a backup.

This is an unqualified true statement. However, the state of computer
engineering as it is, you have to take proactive measures to ensure that any
system level changes you make to your PC will not bork it.

The Detonator Suites, as a rule, are well behaved and low-risk, however each
install is different and you need to ensure your system is competently
prepped, prior to install.

Not knowing you personally, nor your PC, It would be rash of me to accuse
you of doing something wrong, however something did go wrong, and that
problem has not been addressed. If you wish to try again, I and others here,
will help you try and get your PC up to speed.

To make the point, my next video card purchase will be from ATI.

This is an intellectually incomplete decision, please rethink it.