Old October 20th 03, 11:42 PM
Outback Jon

Lenny wrote:
This is not particulary true. There are no particular stability
concerns with either feature in modern systems, they can both be
happily enabled for a slight speed boost as long as the graphics card
isn't a GF3, coz in that GPU sideband support is buggy and will crash
the system within minutes of starting a 3D program. Then again, GF3s
aren't really modern anymore either.

Gee, if that statement were particularly true, my system would be
crashing... But it's not. I have both Sideband and Fast Writes going, and
my GeForce3 works just fine...

--
"Outback" Jon Gould | Let those who RIDE,
2003 Kawasaki Concours (wreck)|
| HELMET LAWS SUCK
CQ CQ CQ de KC2BNE |
AMD XP 1700+ @ 1540 MHz 768M PC2100 DDR @ 280 MHz
Soyo K7V Dragon Plus 120GB and 40GB Maxtor HD
Asus GeForce3 Ti200 (220/460) Acer 24x10x40 CDRW
Cornerstone 21" Monitor Nostromo n50 Speedpad

In war, when a commander becomes so bereft of reason and
perspective that he fails to understand the dependence of
arms on Divine guidance, he no longer deserves victory.
-Douglas MacArthur