Old January 3rd 11, 02:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
~misfit~[_15_]

Default Q&D graphics benchmark?

Somewhere on teh intarwebs Paul wrote:
~misfit~ wrote:
Hi folks.

I've decided that I *really* have to sort out my collection of
crap... errrr.... my computers and parts. Therefore I'm building as
many machines as I can from my spares collection and taking the rest
of the hardware off to be recycled.

I have a couple of 'integrated' motherboards ranging from PIII to
Skt 775 / C2D. I also have a couple of low-end AGP cards and also
two PCI (not 'e') GeForce 2 / 32MB cards. I'm trying to sort out
which systems would benefit from the PCI cards. Obviously I don't
want to put one in a system that has equal or better integrated
graphics. I was just wondering, dows anyone know of a simple graphics
benchmark
utility that I could use to find out which systems would benefit? I
have various '3DMark' programmes but they're all large and, for my
porpoises, overly-complex. Also, as I intend to sell these systems
as simple 'internet / email' machines I'd rather not install a huge
programme that takes 15 minutes to run, then uninstall it. Orphaned
.dlls and all that.... So, the question: Can anyone recommend a small,
simple and fast
graphics benchmark that would suit my purposes? All machines will be
running XP. The ultimate app for me would be a 'portable' graphics
benchmark tool that doesn't have to be installed, that could be run
from a USB stick. TIA, and happy new year. :-)

3DMark2001SE is 40MB, and the benchmark run is as simple
as a single click. And the results, make old hardware
look good :-)

http://majorgeeks.com/3Dmark_d99.html

PAul

Thanks Paul, I'll add it to my 'always in the pocket' USB stick. It's a
shame it's not 'portable' but I guess you can't have everything. ;-)

BTW, I hope that 2011 is good to you. I for one apreciate all of the good
work that you do in the hardware groups, thanks again.
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche