Old December 31st 10, 08:20 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
~misfit~[_15_]

Default Q&D graphics benchmark?

Hi folks.

I've decided that I *really* have to sort out my collection of crap...
errrr.... my computers and parts. Therefore I'm building as many machines as
I can from my spares collection and taking the rest of the hardware off to
be recycled.

I have a couple of 'integrated' motherboards ranging from PIII to Skt 775 /
C2D. I also have a couple of low-end AGP cards and also two PCI (not 'e')
GeForce 2 / 32MB cards. I'm trying to sort out which systems would benefit
from the PCI cards. Obviously I don't want to put one in a system that has
equal or better integrated graphics.

I was just wondering, dows anyone know of a simple graphics benchmark
utility that I could use to find out which systems would benefit? I have
various '3DMark' programmes but they're all large and, for my porpoises,
overly-complex. Also, as I intend to sell these systems as simple 'internet
/ email' machines I'd rather not install a huge programme that takes 15
minutes to run, then uninstall it. Orphaned .dlls and all that....

So, the question: Can anyone recommend a small, simple and fast graphics
benchmark that would suit my purposes? All machines will be running XP. The
ultimate app for me would be a 'portable' graphics benchmark tool that
doesn't have to be installed, that could be run from a USB stick.

TIA, and happy new year. :-)
--
Shaun.

into you." Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche