Old January 19th 19, 04:42 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Shadow[_2_]

Default Anti-virus for XP?

On Sat, 19 Jan 2019 14:39:14 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

John B. Smith wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:39:03 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

John B. Smith wrote:
I just noticed, finally, that my Avast is 'no longer supported for
XP or Vista'. I'm looking for a free antivirus and it seems to be a
tough hunt.

Do you mean a free AV to monitor RAM and scan any file that is
accessed/opened using a downloadable/updatable database or something
that uploads all your file hashes(and sometimes files), emails and
browsing links to government-funded corporations ?
If the former, I don't think they exist anymore. They were
true AV apps. The latter make more money selling your personal info
that from selling licenses. If you don't believe me , read the TOS.

https://www.avg.com/en-gb/windows-xp-antivirus

The download is a 7MB trojan.

The real installer is he

https://install.avcdn.net/avg/iavs9x...up_offline.exe