Old January 19th 19, 02:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mr Pounder Esquire

Default Anti-virus for XP?

John B. Smith wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:39:03 -0000, "Mr Pounder Esquire"
wrote:

John B. Smith wrote:
I just noticed, finally, that my Avast is 'no longer supported for
XP or Vista'. I'm looking for a free antivirus and it seems to be a
tough hunt. I finally downloaded something from Scanguard, but it's
not really free, just runs a scan for you, there's no real-time
protection. I wasn't able to make out what activating their
real-time protection was going to cost me. Anyone have any
suggestions for me?

Simple answer AVG

Thanks all. The problem with Googling for an AV I found was you get a
lot of out-dated links about companies who SAY they still support XP.
AVG no longer does, for instance. I have lit on Kaspersy Free, so far.
It's Secure Connections screws up mounting my container drives. They
say they mount but aren't visible in Windows Explorer. Fortunately it
is a seperate part of KF and I was able to Uninstall it. KF did force
me to uninstall my Zone Alarm which I've used for years but I'll just
have to do without.

https://www.avg.com/en-gb/windows-xp-antivirus