Old January 13th 19, 01:47 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Flasherly[_2_]

Default Anti-virus for XP?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2019 04:20:48 -0500, Flasherly
wrote:

It's a complex field in a complex war.
-
Along with another dimension, relevant among present firewalls without
cost or caveats researched thereof (or browsers in unrelated context).

....easy snatch & catch crosspost ...

Probably http://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall
Great Internet Security Company. No https

My bookmark has https:
https://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall

Yes, I just clicked on the link Krusty provided and it automatically
forwarded me to an https address:

https://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall

Looks like they're out of Germany:

https://www.evorim.com/en/company#about

As for the firewall itself (, here's a two year old discussion about it
at Wilders Security:

https://www.wilderssecurity.com/thre...evorim.385439/

Apparently, back then it had a problem and was blocking whitelisted
programs. I'm guessing that's been taken care of by now though.

Here's another review, but there's no date given except that it was in 2017:

https://www.geekiest.net/post/Evorim...irewall-review

They list some problems, but still give it a 9 out of 10. Mostly they
were concerned about the UI and interacting with it.

This site:

https://www.thepcinsider.com/evorim-...eview-windows/

provides a pretty good review and it's recent. They mention the same
criticism I have:

https://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall
Please page down (a lot almost to the bottom) to Development (Changelog)
or
https://www.evorim.com/en/free-firewall#development

There one can read that version 2.0.0 was released 08.01.2019
and version 2.1.0 was released 10.01.2019

Size of the download file of version 2.x increased about 10 times.
All reviews before 08.01.2019 are not relevant any more.