Old January 5th 19, 09:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

https://documentation.help/Creative-...umentation.pdf

PDF 83 of 93.

7.1 setup, two of the Lineout connectors have a total of *four* contacts.
This requires adapter cables when connected to "ordinary" equipment.

The adapter cable has Gray and Orange on one end, and *three* stereo
females on the other end of the cable assembly.

LineOut1 Green Tip Front Left === Ordinary 1/8" cabling
Ring Front Right
Sleeve Ground

Lineout2 Gray T Rear Left === Special 1/8" TRRS
R Rear Right
R Ground
S Side Right

Lineout3 Orange T Center === Special 1/8" TRRS
R Subwoofer
R Ground
S Side left

I googled TRRS, not familiar with this it turns up this site which is interesting:

https://www.cablechick.com.au/blog/u...d-audio-jacks/

No, they don't give a part number.

https://web.archive.org/web/20130627...udio_cable.jpg

So are you saying these cables of creative labs are slightly different than standard TRRS cables...

Cause you did use the word "special" and such...

Though the ordinary one actually seems different... from the page 83...

I still have the original cable that went into the gigaworks so could compare with that... but probably already did in the past but might do so again.

But anyway the cables I currently have are working ok, to some degree at least.

Also it doesn't make any sense... cause 7 8 9 10 is working perfectly and 11 12 13 14 is working incorrectly.

Also 4, 5, 6 is working correctly.

Tested this with goldwave.

So if you believe lineout 2 and lineout 3 in your drawing are exactly the same kind of "special trrs" then you have to agree with me that this is simply not the problem since one is working correctly and the other one is not working correctly.

This I hope you now believe me a little bit more when I say it's a bug in the driver or a bug in windows... or a very strange bug in denon receiver.

(
If you disagree I would love to hear your hypothesis why lineout 2 is working correctly and lineout 3 is not working correctly with current trrs cables ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! ?!?!?!?!?!?
)

The speaker connection wizard of creative x-fi of original cd is further proof that somehow creative is messing out this third connection on lineout 3.

It is described in the wizard as "rear center" instead of "side left".

So how you explain that ?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/4pcs-TRRS-3...e/163264363750

???? why is this needed ? These cables already exist ? Just to make your own ? hmmm..

I'm not sure the "mis-connections" possible with those
jacks, account for your channel mixup. But it's a common
complaint with Creative stuff. You *have* to be careful!!!

As soon as you say "Creative", I think back to those
stinking cables and what a nuisance they are.

I don't think it's a problem with the cables themselfes...

It's a bug somewhere... not the cables... =D

Also thx setup will eventually be able to correct it.

Unless somehow internally these connectors re-wire stuff in a weird way.

Bye,
Skybuck.