Old January 5th 19, 08:59 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Why is side left and subwoofer swapped for 7.1 in windows 7 ? BUGBUG !!!

I just installed as follows:

1. Drivers for windows 10 from web release onto windows 7 working fine.

2. Everything that cannot be done by auto uodate from installation cd/nero:

result: crashing console launcher.

But what is even more interesting/funny is that creative's x-fi connection wizard shows something weird at line out 3 jack:

front center
rear center ?!

WTF there is normally no rear center ?!

So apperently creative labs is assuming that that connection is ment for REAR CENTER...

MORONS apperently.

It's absolutely 100% ment for left channel.

So there own connection wizard is kinda ****ed ?! HUH ?!

And this is from long ago... I guess this connection wizard is too old... but besides from that seems to work fine.

WEIRD OR WHAT.

I have no idea why console launcher keeps crashing... some have report this on vista or windows 8 as well.

I am going to try and run it into some kind of compatibility mode... maybe that will help.

Or perhaps running the setup as admin rights... maybe that will help not sure...

Probably not... but didn't think of it when I tried to install..

Everything seems to install just fine... so no idea why console launcher is still crashing..

It's annoying I did try a short debug session with visual studio 2010...

and it showed a access violation read from address 0.

What is also strange is that while I was experimenting and restarting the system... adobe acrobat reader dc had the nerf to install it self too ?!

****ing piece of **** interferred with my installation without even notifieing me.

It's been removed from my system for now... but perhaps adobe has something to do with the misery right now... it's possible.

Windows is a multi-threading/multi-tasking system but it cannot handle multiple installs at the same time... it completely ****s it up with very weird results as a result.

Also I disabled the creative x-fi device in device manager just to make sure windows doesn't try to automaticall install a driver while another manual driver installation is in progress.

Clearly windows was designed in a very bad way when it comes to installing software and it is completely unaware of multiple installs happening at the same time.
^
This SUXX BALLS immensely.

It could be the primary reason why so many installation problems occur.

When this installation CD was designed windows 7 didn't even exist yet... and perhaps this behaviour was unknown by the installation cd designers.

I would love to try a bit by bit comparison of files on cd vs image... just to be sure there aint no big errors on it..

But not gonna hassle with equipping a decent dvd drive for now...

Also I can't take the aggrevation right now if I find out that either the image was not perfect... or deamon tools has some ****ing bug... causing slight image corruption when installing from it.

Can't deal with that right now... already seen too many bugs... there is only so much I can take right now when it comes to FAILS =D

Bye for now,
Skybuck.