Old January 5th 19, 04:17 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default Installing Creative Entertainment Center fails on Windows 7

There could be a bug in the later installshield software.

I think installshield must first be installed before programs like these can be installed.

So these installers are not "self-contained" they may be dependent on the installed install shield version.

What seems to happen is that setup.exe from some audio folder... possibly audio\setup\setup.exe is run twice.

I am not sure if it was designed this way and if this is normal.

One seems to run 40 seconds and the other has zero cpu time.

Perhaps later version of install shield does not allow or does not work when multiple installers are opened/run at the same time.

This is also pretty weird and sloppy about this installation cd...

It opens multiple installers at the same time.

Apperently install shield does not like that very much... perhaps neither does windows 7.

Is install shield integrated into windows 7 ? Does it cooperate ?!

Very weird.

I will now try and repair the failed installation and remove it again and then re-try without entertainment center selected.

Bye,
Skybuck.