View Single Post
Old January 5th 19, 04:05 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Installing Creative Entertainment Center fails on Windows 7

Hello,

I am pretty sure my Windows 7 was a clean as possible given the circumstances though... not entirely clean lots of software on it, but creative-wise should be gone/good to go.

Every time I try to install installation cd from nero image it fails at 24% when it tries to install;

Creative Entertainment Center.

Apperently the installer is not compatible with latest install shield and windows 7.

Depending on some ****ing third party install shield software is pretty retarded anyway... cause of incompatibilities between versions.

CPU usage is at 50% but that is svchost after a boot the installer software itself appears to be braindead at 0% cpu each.

demo32.exe
ctlaunch.exe

VERY FOKKING ANNOYING.

Furthermore if I cancel installation now it will corrupt the de-installer.

Clicking repair all will fix it eventually allowing everything to be de-installed again.

I think I have now 100% convincingly determined the original install software no longer works properly.

A possible solution is to de-check entertainment center when trying to install the software.

But first everything has to be repaired, then de-installed.

I think I wrote about this in the past though.

Also something remarkable has happened.

Since I de-installed these audio drivers the windows boot time is no longer 10 minutes but much shorter.

perhaps the SBXF_PCDRV_LB_2_18_0015.exe version I was using is actually a beta version and causes 10 minute boot time.

Or perhaps I was using SBXF_PCDRV_L11_2_30_0004.exe

Probably the latter... maybe re-installing these drivers improperly without restarting might have caused the 10 minute boot issue.

If the boot issue returns I will report back.

I also re-configured deamon tools in msconfig to not start up.

Something interesting just happened.

A POP-OP occured saying that device install failed... perhaps windows was trying to install a driver and perhaps this is upsetting the x-fi elite pro installation software.

Perhaps windows delays the install shield software and stops it...

Kinda weird.

It's not progressing though.

Perhaps this automation is a bad thing... kinda dislike automation... it can interfere with other things... though sometimes it's nice... currently it's hard to tell if it caused a problem with this install software.

For now I will assume not... because the same thing happened when the audio driver was already installed via web release driver.

So I stay with my earlier conclusion that creative entertainment center installer is BROKEN with latest installshield and windows 7.

FOKKING ANNOYING.

Bye,
Skybuck.