Old November 4th 03, 01:49 PM
Alceryes

I hate to tell you but you'll be way better off with a new controller.
The
new drive is going to run really slow even if you get the bios to see it.

An IDE controller would be the way to go to get the fastest possible
performance in your system. However, you could use the EZBIOS that came with
the 40GB drive. If it didn't come with your drive you can download it.
--

"I don't cheat to survive. I cheat to LIVE!!"
- Alceryes

"stacey" wrote in message
David Kochol wrote:

I have checked Award, NEC, Packard Bell, and most of the driver
sights, and I can not find anything for this motherboard. I would
rather try upgrading the BIOS first than buy a controller for the new
drive.