Old November 4th 03, 06:28 AM
David Kochol

Default Hard Drive/Bios Update

I am trying to upgrade a hard drive in an older NEC Ready 9851
computer with a Biostar M5SIB motherboard. The old hard drive was
6.4GB Fujitsu, and the new drive is a Western Digital WD400BB-00DEA0,
40GB. I believe the computer does not recognize the drive because of
the 32GB limit of my old BIOS. My problem is trying to find an update
to this BIOS:

Award Modular BIOS v4.51PG
Copyright (C) 1984-98, Award Software, Inc.
BIOS ver. 1.06

11/13/1998-SIS-5598-W877-2A5IIB0BC-00

I have checked Award, NEC, Packard Bell, and most of the driver
sights, and I can not find anything for this motherboard. I would
rather try upgrading the BIOS first than buy a controller for the new
drive.

Any info on obtaining a new BIOS update would be great.

Thanks!

Dave