Old April 28th 07, 11:44 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd,alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.asus
Eric Parker

Default Weird Overclock issue.

I've just put together

Asus M2N8-VMX socket AM2
AMD Athlon X2 3600 AM2
2 x 512M PC6400 Elixir DDR2 800 SDRAM
Arctic Cooling Freezer 64 PRO PWM
600W PSU

I've managed to get it happy running 2 instances of Prime95 with
the clock @ 250 MHz, giving CPU clock of 2375 MHz.
The CPU temperature is staying in the low 40's centigrade.
I had to set the RAM to 667 in the Bios to achieve that speed.

The only issue I have is that when I restart the system it will
sometimes give a BIOS overclocking failure as it restarts.
This failure is intermittent and occurs with the clock as low as
218 MHz. It also fails with the multiplier @9 & 220 MHz.

Voltages/AsusProbe/Bios
3.3/3.31/3.31
5/5.00/4.99
12/12.93/12.86

Any clues about how to get it to restart reliably with a better
overclock than 218 MHz ?

Eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly