Old June 30th 03, 03:46 AM
Tiny Tim

It is a waste of time to try to put a cadilac of a video card on an 800 MHz
Processor. Such a motherboard is probably not a 8x AGP. If you do not have
a 8X AGP port then dont get an 8X video card.

You need a processor at least twice as fast.

A Sapphire Radeon 9000 is 3 times as fast as a GTS video card. It might be
a good replacement. I run one on an ASUS A7N8X motherboard with an XP2400+
and it runs great.
"grendel" wrote in message
I need to replace my GF2 GTS cause I'm pretty sure it has a heat problem

and
plus I'd like to upgrade for better 3D performance in games. I play the
following games. Half-Life and GTA3. GTA3 seems to be very demanding.
Although I do have only an 800 MHZ Athlon and 256 meg of RAM I assume the
slowdown I get in GTA3 is because of a lack of video card performance.
Anyway I'm debating the need for a DX9 video card. If there is not real

need
for a Directx9 video card for another year or 2 then I might as well

upgrade
to a GF4 ti 200. I'm still a little worried about ATI's drivers and the
stuttering problems I have heard about. I could get an ATI 9700 non pro

for
$200 or a nice ti200 for $100.