Old October 7th 04, 04:47 AM
Biz

IF that card is a 4X/8X model it should work fine in that mobo. If it is
only an 8X model, it will not work correctly. Now having said that, make
sure you are up to date on your chipset drivers, whether they are VIA, or
nForce, or whatever.

"Robert Kulp" wrote in message
news
I have a GA-7VTXE mother board with a KT266A chip set. This mob has
provisions for 2x & 4x AGP. The ti4200 is 8x. As I understand it, 2x,4x

and
8x AGP should be backward compatible, but the card operation is erratic(
freeze up, lousy graphics, etc). I have tried a variety of drivers without
success. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bob