Old November 21st 04, 11:56 PM
Stings

1- It could also be video ram
2- As the last poster suggested check power supply and settings.
Is it counterfeit chips ? A double digit % of all Hynix ram sold in Europe
is counterfeit. Hynix does not make it public because the ram sales they do
have would stop, would you buy that brand if you knew it may be counterfeit?
I have used allot of Corsair and it was all capable of more than the stated
specs, I had a counterfeit Asus Mainboard once Socket 7 and I suspected a
counterfeit FIC 503.

"Wes Newell" wrote in message
newsan.2004.11.21.20.09.20.492065@TAKEOUTverizon .net...
On Sun, 21 Nov 2004 12:16:55 -0600, Chris wrote:

Due to all of the problems I have been having with my Gigabyte
GA-K8NSNXP-939 mobo, I am considering replacing it. It doesn't like a
dual memory configuration with my wallet busting Corsair PC3200XLPRO
memory, unless I relax the timings. Even with manually relaxed
timings, I am still only 90% stable and will randomly bomb out of
applications/games with a memory error. I also tried some Kingston C3
PC3200 memory that I obtained from a machine that I built for work,
and the Gigabyte board was just as unstable.

You didn't mention your PSU which is a critcal part of the system. I
assume you also raised vdimm to test.