Old June 29th 03, 02:03 PM
nECrO

Default 17" Dell Flat Panel Screen

"Simon Harris" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have recently purchased a Dell 4600 system, with a 17" flat panel

screen.
The screen is connected to the DVI output on an ATI Radeon 9800 card.

Native
resolution is 1280x1024 @ 60hz. I am running in 32bit colour. I've

installed
the monitor driver.

Now, the picture is near perfect - Very clear, fills the screen to the

exact
edges - Looks the bizznizz!! BUT...it hurts my eyes! I find more than 10
minutes in front of the screen gives me the kind of spots in front of my
eyes that you sometimes get when very tired.

Do I have a faulty screen? Have I set something up wrong? Perhaps I'm just
not used to the hi res (Normally run one up from 1024x768 (What ever that
is!)

Got to go now....eyes need a break!!

Regards,

Simon.

Not sure about how flat panels work but 60hz gives me a headache. Try
raising it to 75hz. If that doesnn't work try lowering the resolution one
step. I just got a Radeon 9200 card and it too has a native resolution of
1280x1024. Made my eyes and head hurt. I wasn't used to looking at
everything so small. HTH, I am definatly not a monitor expert.
nECrO