Old December 14th 03, 06:11 PM
Kanda' Jalen Eirsie

Greetings...

On Thu, 4 Dec 2003 03:21:21 +0100, "Roger" wrote:

I thought I'd get an answer like this. But what I mean is like.. What speed increase
can I realisticly expect in games? How many times the frame rate if you will..

Your milage may vary...

But his answer was correct - in your case- with the info you have so far provided, the
answer is entirely subjective...

The first thing you will notice are all the really nice textures and colors you have
never seen before! Then you will be amazed at the incredible framerate and smoothness of
everything. The fog actually looks wispy and foggy, the lighting is subdued and looks
strangely more real.... Your spine will tingle in scenes that you had before started
yawning in... Your games will all suddenly become NEW again...

Then you will notice that your aiming sucks, and for awhile, you will play like a newbie
because all your skills have to be relearned to cope with all the new information and the
faster framerate. You will actually get lost on levels you know well... Because
everything looks different, better, and you won't have the same visual cues you had
before....

Like he said, going from a go-cart to a formula 1 racer... You may know how to drive,
and you may be a great driver in a go-cart, but driving a F1 is not the same thing!

Relish the experience... It's a neat thing... A real live thrill ride when you first
upgrade.. Then the new wears off... 6 months later - you start thinking of upgrading
again...

It's kind of like crack...

ll
Kanda'

SPAM-KILLER- If you really want to contact me, then -
kandajeatbresnandotnet

You figure it out...