Old January 6th 19, 12:23 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Char Jackson

Default Cookies lag your browser

On Sat, 5 Jan 2019 17:58:13 -0500, Bill wrote:

wrote:
Cookies and other "persistent data" from websites is a lagging your browser and system as follows:

I use "CCleaner" to delete mine almost every day. Cookies are
not going to go away any sooner than commercials are going to
disappear from radio and television. May as well get CCleaner,
and "fight the good fight".

If cookies were ever going to "go away", we'd need something very
similar to replace them. They provide a ton of functionality that people
wouldn't be happy to give up. Also, contrary to the claims made in the
first post in this thread, they don't cause lag, slowdowns,
fragmentation, or anything else of that sort.

HTTP is a stateless protocol. Cookies provide the illusion of
statefulness. The web would be very different without cookies.