Old June 19th 16, 01:43 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
[email protected]

Default NVMe M.2 SSD Win7, anyone with experience?

On 2016-06-05 18:36, B00ze wrote:

Good day.

Anyone got experience with booting Win7 on an NVMe drive? There are
hotfixes for it for Win7, anyone used them? I'm also wondering if tools
like MiniTool Partition Wizard (bootable DVD) or TeraByte's BootIt will
work with such a drive...

Thanks.
Best Regards,

Really, no one at all? In a few years NVMe is all there will be; you'd
think /someone/ would be using this at the moment (with Windows 7
preferably). Alright, looks like I'll have to wait - I'm not jumping
into this without some sort of community support, lol.

Best Regards,

I may be wrong here but booting win 7 on a NVMe drive should not be a
problem. The problem is if your motherboard can "see" the NVMe drive
and set it as the boot device. All Win 7 needs is a NVMe driver. I use
the samsung driver, but I'm running windows 10. Windows started
supplying it's own NVMe driver with windows 8 so I'm told. Check your
bios or check for bios update. As for the tools you mention I've never
used them, but they should work a drive is a drive once mounted.

Goog Luck