Old March 4th 08, 07:04 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
peter

Default What the heck is the diff between PCI and PEG ?

here is an explanation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PCI_Express

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periphe...t_Interconnect

in your case the "PEG' just stands for PCI EXPRESS......Whereas PCI an
handle more than Video...but so can PCI-E nowadays
The Connectors are different ...that 8800 you use is a PCI-E card and would
not fit in a PCI slot.
By setting your mobo to PCI just means that the BIOS will look for a Video
card on the PCI slot 1st and finding none will then look at the PCI-E slot.
peter

"johns" wrote in message
PEG is called PCI Express Graphics, and I have 2
selections in my mobo BIOS ... PCI or PEG ???
The mobo is for Core 2 Duo, and the video card is
a BFG 8800 GT/GTO. Default setting seems to be
PCI, and I left it that way. System runs fine. I
benched Aquamark3D at 151,233 .. plenty fast.

johns