Old August 7th 04, 06:28 PM
Kokoro

In alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia, GT-Force ordered an army of
hamsters to type:

Hi,

I just can't help but see that people are not ****ed off, but in fact
paying these ridiculous graphics card bills.

I remember the days we were paying $65 for a really good graphics
card. Although I know that todays's cards are way way different than
those days', I still think that especially latest generation cards are
way overpriced. $600?!? $500? Please, even $400?

Always remember: If no one buys them, the prices WILL go down, and
quick! The rich, or dumb, pull the prices up, and keep them up by
paying for these ridiculous price tags; and we all loose!

The companies will milk the bejeesus out of us, if they can, nad they
will. Why would not they? If I could sell something for the most that
I could sell it for,i.e., not for what it's worth, why would I sell it
for any lower, right?

Same applies to latest (especially hyped) games, a very good example
is Doom3. $55 for a game? Good God! No way I am paying that. Card
prices are already inflated, I am not going to help inflating the game
prices now.

Come on people, THINK and ACT! Please...
I thought that the 'computer community' was a little smarter than
this. Let's not be herd by the marketers of these companies.

What do you think? Spell your guts, it's your turn.

GT

i dont know, you get what you pay for. When i bought my Voodoo5 it cost
£200, i got my FX5800 for £266 and i got my 6800GT for £245 there is a
difference in prices but its not like its gone up by hundreds

What i have noticed though, over the last few years is that the performance
differences between the low end cards and the high end cards is much wider
than it was. Maybe the prices reflect that?

.....then again ive been watching my little sister lay Alice on my spare
Voodoo3 equiped machine and have been commenting on just how smoothly it
plays, i always thought the little card to be a slow clunky thing.