Old August 7th 04, 05:08 PM
Lou

"GT-Force" wrote in message
Hi,

I just can't help but see that people are not ****ed off, but in fact

paying
these ridiculous graphics card bills.

I remember the days we were paying $65 for a really good graphics card.
Although I know that todays's cards are way way different than those

days',
I still think that especially latest generation cards are way overpriced.
$600?!? $500? Please, even $400?

Always remember: If no one buys them, the prices WILL go down, and quick!
The rich, or dumb, pull the prices up, and keep them up by paying for

these
ridiculous price tags; and we all loose!

The companies will milk the bejeesus out of us, if they can, nad they

will.
Why would not they? If I could sell something for the most that I could

sell
it for,i.e., not for what it's worth, why would I sell it for any lower,
right?

Same applies to latest (especially hyped) games, a very good example is
Doom3. $55 for a game? Good God! No way I am paying that. Card prices are
already inflated, I am not going to help inflating the game prices now.

Come on people, THINK and ACT! Please...
I thought that the 'computer community' was a little smarter than this.
Let's not be herd by the marketers of these companies.

What do you think? Spell your guts, it's your turn.

GT

We are game addicts. Not buying the latest hardware to play your game at its
max is like a junky saying "ok I wont buy any more drugs until the price
comes down".
Actually I can afford to buy the latest graphics card ,but even though there
is a lot of excitement about the new games like D3 and how good the new
cards are, I am holding off on buying them because IMO they cost more than I
care to spend for something that I don't really need. Well, at least until
my game addictiveness takes over. I keep reading the D3 reviews and actually
hoping its not really that good so I wont be tempted to buy it or new V card
for it until the price comes down. HL2 is going to be very tough to hold off
an upgrade. Hopefully it will be delayed again, oh but by then I might need
a whole new PC. Dam!

Lou