Old August 6th 04, 08:03 AM
Sleepy

"Spack" wrote in message
"Phil" wrote in message
m...
Hi,

My video card just died (V5500) and planning to get a use last
generation video card to replace it. I have an option of getting a
used GeForce 4 Ti4280 or the Ti4200. Since I'm not too familiar with
nVidia's products, could you guys can tell me what is the differences
between the two? I did a search in this group for Ti4280 and only 1
page regarding this card, while the the Ti4200 got ton of pages. Was
the GeForce 4 Ti4280 not that popular compared to Ti4200? And why?

The Ti4280 seems to be a designation for the Ti4200-8X chipset, and it

looks
like it's a model number made up by Albatron. The Ti4200-8X is just an AGP
8X version of the Ti4200 chipset, apart from that there is no difference
between them. If the Ti4200 you've been offered is an AGP 8X model too,

then
the only difference will be what is bundled with the card (software and
accessories), and posibbly the VIVO option (the Albatron Ti4280 does not
have VIVO).

Dan

Most 4xAGP 128mb 4200's were clocked lower than the 64mb variant and when
they brought out the 8xAGP they raised it to the same speeds as the 64mb ie
250/514 - My 'old' 4200 clocked to 275/550 and ran Far Cry at
medium settings very nicely.