Old February 12th 04, 08:53 AM
Alex Schwarzer

Default AGPVideocard vs. Harddisk on Asrock mainboard

Hi Folks,

weird problem: everytime I install a AGP-Videocard to replace the weak
onboard video chip the system hangs , i.e. after rebooting the HDs seem to
be blocked. Windows XP doesn't start at all; some files seem to be corrupt.
So if I had not backuped the whole boot partition in an image file I would
have to reinstall the whole OS all over again. There is no interrupt
conflict as the HDs use 14 +15 while the video card has 11. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Specs

Mainboard: Asrock GPro, Bios 1.40; SIS-Drivers for AGP-Port und HDs
installed
512 MB
Gforce 4 MX 400 or Matrox 200
HDs Maxtor 6E030L0; SAMSUNG SV1204H