Old December 14th 03, 05:55 PM
Larry

Default Inno3D MX440 & ECS K7VTA3 problems

Hi, can anyone help?

I have been trying to upgrade my son`s PC, specs are as follows:

AMD XP Athlon 1900 cpu
ECS K7VTA3 mobo
Inno3D MX(440)SE SDR 64 Mb AGP graphics card

I did a clean install of Windows XP Home edition but found that the
video driver has defaulted to something called "VGASAVE". I have
installed the latest nvidia drivers for the Mx440, but am unable to get
the card to work properly.

I have tried various solutions as advised on the web, the last being to
install the mobo drivers, something which I don`t normally do. The
result has been that the OS has become corrupted and refuses to load! I
will probably wipe the HDD and re-install WinXP, but what if the
"VGASAVE" comes back!

Any help much appreciated.

Larry